How Professor Mole joined the Tourney
Professor Mole is the uncle of Blink the Mole before his incarceration in prison. Blink sought out his uncle shortly after his return from Crocovile Swamp and taught him special powers. After only two years of tutelage, Blink turned Professor Mole into an impressive professor. But soon thereafter, Blink abruptly disappeared, leaving Professor Mole only with the words, "I must seek vengeance against the enemy responsible for the attack of Hsien-Ko." Troubled by his sudden and mysterious disappearance, Professor Mole chases after Blink with his only lead — the Smash Bros. Tourney.
Character Select Screen Animation
Professor Mole reads his notes then lowers them while the camera zooms as he says "You found the secret entrance to my lab!"
Laser Beam (Neutral)
Professor Mole shoots out a VERY fast beam from his ray gun and says "Laser Beam!".
Professor Missile (Side)
Professor Mole shoots a homing missile out of his ray gun.
Professor Mole quickly vanishes and reappears in a different location, depending on how the user tilts the Analog Stick.
Professor Mole bends down a plants a C4 on the ground where he's standing. By using the move a second time, he takes out a remote with a flourish and exclaims "Go!" as he presses the button, detonating the explosive, which does 17% damage and can KO at medium-high percentages.
Hyper Laser Beam (Hyper Smash)
Professor Mole blasts a huge beam from his ray gun at his opponents, covering a good amount of area, while saying "Hyper Laser Beam!".
Assist Clone (Final Smash)
A clone of Professor Mole arrives and the two Professor Moles say "Two moles are better than one!". The second Professor Mole, which is controlled by the CPU, then assists the first Professor Mole, which is controlled by the player, for 20 seconds.
- While creating a tower, Professor Mole says "That did the trick.".
- While driving around in a mole-sized convertible car, Professor Mole says "Did you see that?!".
- Professor Mole jumps victoriously and says "I'm starting to feel better already!".
A sliding door opens to reveal Professor Mole who walks out before the door goes into the floor as he says, "You found the secret entrance to my lab!"
- Like Ripto, Professor Mole debuted in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, but he didn't become playable until Super Smash Bros. Tourney.
- Prior to his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Tourney, Professor Mole was known as just "Professor".
- In Super Smash Bros. Tourney, Professor Mole isn't the only character who says "I'm starting to feel better already!" after winning a Versus Mode match. Alisa Bosconovitch from the Tekken universe also says this..
- Professor Mole's Final Smash quote, "Two moles are better than one", is a parody of the phrase, "Two heads are better than one".
- Hsien-Ko, a Jiāng Shī, is Professor Mole's rival.