How Hualin joined the Tourney
Hualin started her life as a weapon seller when she entered as a servant in a weapon store set on a small village at the foot of a mountain where a martial artist master is said to dwell. While she did her daily chores and weapons caring, she found her life's career. From that point, she put all her efforts into becoming the finest weaponsmith in the world.
Staff Smash (Neutral)
Hualin smashes the ground with Cepheus Seal, creating a shockwave.
Staff Swing (Side)
Hualin swings Cepheus Seal like a baseball bat.
Staff Grappler (Up)
Cepheus Seal extends to a greater height, allowing Hualin to recover.
Staff Sweep (Down)
Hualin sweeps the floor of the stage with Cepheus Seal.
Hyper Staff Smash (Hyper Smash)
Same as Staff Smash, but with more strength.
Dark Hualin Rises (Final Smash)
This causes Hualin to transform into Dark Hualin, boosting her attack powers for 13 seconds.
- Hualin swings Cepheus Seal a few times, saying "Your limits have been calculated!".
- Hualin runs around and then stops in a pose, saying "Thank you for everything!".
- Hualin has a hand over her face saying "Oh, my! How did we win?!".
- Not counting Amy's appearance in Soul Calibur III (home version), Hualin, as well as Berserker and Lynette, are the only Soul series bonus characters that make an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Tourney as regular playable characters. Lynette and Hualin are starters and Berserker must be unlocked.
- Hualin has Alisa's Street Fighter X Tekken voice because her Soul Calibur III English voice actress isn't known. This makes her one of three playable characters from Soul Calibur to have original but pre-recorded quotes for the SSBT series, along with Night Terror and Inferno.
- Hualin shares her English voice actress with Squirtle and May II.
- Hualin's Super Smash Bros. Tourney rival is the one and only Wizpig.