How Cervantes joined the Tourney
During Cervantes' search for SoulEdge, he realized that the 2nd sword had been shattered as well when he found a few shards of the second sword. He pondered as to whether or not SoulEdge had been definitively conquered, but at that moment, the shards melded together on their own to create a bigger piece of the sword. For the next four years, Cervantes began his quest to steal souls and collect additional fragments. Eventually, they took the form of a legitimate sword. Cervantes' new goal was to regain SoulEdge, and to do that, he needed as many of the fragments as he could find, and therefore he entered the Smash Bros. Tourney because some of those fragments were at the Tourney.
Genocidal Culverin (Neutral)
This move can be charged for more strength. Cervantes fires a bullet out of his left-handed sword. The longer you hold the Neutral special button, the stronger the bullet.
Sail Nautilus (Side)
Cervantes stabs his opponent once with his left-handed sword, then he thrusts his right-handed sword forward to stab his opponent.
Tornado Swell (Up)
Cervantes propels himself upwards like a tornado, attacking anyone in his path. A useful recovery move.
High Tide Anchoring (Down)
Cervantes slams his dual swords onto the stage, creating a shockwave.
Cursed Roman Fire (Hyper Smash)
Based on his Critical Edge from Soul Calibur V, Cervantes brandishes his pistol sword and shouts "Disappear unto nothingness!" and fires off a powerful blast. If timed right, it can also hit off the ground as well.
Tartarus Griet (Final Smash)
Based on his Critical Finish from Soul Calibur IV, Cervantes slams the opponent to the ground, throws them into the air with his swords, and then teleports above them to fire a soul-charged bullet, which sends them hurling over to the upper Blast Line.
- Four swords are flying around Cervantes like a circle as he says "I salute your courage...for challenging me." while having his arms crossed, when one of those swords hits the ground.
- Cervantes spins his swords around and around as he says "Admit your defeat, and become a part of my power!" while posing.
- Cervantes slashes his swords twice and says "I am IMMORTAL!".
- Cervantes shares his English voice actor with M.O.D.O.K., Wang, and the Riddler.
- Cervantes shares his Japanese voice actor with Greil and Donkey Kong.
- Cervantes is one of the few characters in Super Smash Bros. Tourney and its sequel who have a victory pose that is considered very famous; in Cervantes's case, his first victory pose.
- Cervantes's rival in Super Smash Bros. Tourney is one of the three girl orphans from Despicable Me. In Cervantes's case, it is Agnes. His second rival goes by the name of Ricardo Blanco.